September 21, 2008

Bittu's your uncle

It was the Christmas vacation of 2007 going on, I was sitting on the veranda of my house watching the kids playing cricket in the road next to my house, something which we started there some 12 years back, when I was in 6th std. as we were amongst the first residents of Kamlanagar. Suddenly some body hit the ball and it landed in our house, I came out of my thoughts and was looking for the ball to return it to the kids. I saw a very cute looking boy of some 7-8 years coming towards me, he said "Uncle mai ball le loon (Uncle shall I take the ball)". I was shocked and was looking at him with my face having an awestruck look, somebody said from behind "are ye uncle nahi hai ye to bhaiya hai, abhi inki shaadi nahi hui hai, shaadi ke baad ye uncle ho jayenge, haina bhaiya"( He is not uncle yet coz he is not married, after marriage he will be uncle). I quietly picked up the ball and gave them, and came back and told this to my Mom, I am just 21, Mummy and we both started laughing and I realised that when I was of their age I used to address people of those age in same manner. And now on 9th sep 2008, I was officially crowned the tag of Chacha for my sweet sweet niece has stepped into this world of ours. So no more fearing from hearing somebody saying me that, coz I am officially one now. My niece is an amazing kid and was just 3.6kg when she was born!!!!! After all Bob's not her uncle, bittu's her uncle.

There is a huge discussion in the family going on for what should we call her, I prefer her nickname to be Gappu or Maggi, coz she is just like that ekdum
GOL GAPPA and as sweet as a kid can be. I would appreciate if you people can suggest some nicks for her......

No comments: