April 3, 2008

Please throw some light on DC Block .

A DC block is nothing more than a capacitor that has low series reactance at the RF frequency, and allows you to separate DC voltages along a transmission line. A parallel coupled line can also serve as a DC block. DC blocks can be placed in the "hot" conductor of a transmission line such as coax, or the ground plane, or both, as shown below. Many vendors offer coaxial DC blocks in all three arrangements. When would you want a DC block in the ground plane? Perhaps you want to inject a voltage onto the source of a shunt FET, which is grounded to your fixture. Users of this type of DC block must be aware that their equipment could provide a voltage when they touch it. Careful where you drop that wrench!

But I would also like to mention there is one more kind of DC Block. Of which the people of NIT Durgapur are very much aware of and in no time the whole nation and then the whole world will be. Please see the image below, I feel I have thrown enough light on him. For those who know him need no explanation, and those who don't have to meet him... contact me for that.


He is actually my all time prey. Not only mine actually he is every one's prey in the college. Even on Birthday of someone else, the guy who gets GPL is DC. He tries to act very smart and is always trying to bug someone, but what actually happens is people start bugging him and he remains helpless with a very stupid toothy grin on his face. There are many features of DC which I will keep on revealing and also all those incidences when he begged for mercy..."Zishan yaar plz plz...plz bhai....". Aah I love all this, actually he is one of the finest guys I have met on earth. There are many things being said about mine and his relationship and we enjoy it a lot when people talk about us (Haina DC). Any ways will talk about all these things some other time,
Please put your comments on this very nature of your beloved DC.....

Today is Day 2 of Recs and I am in full mood to enjoy it. I will inform you soon about the Day 1 as soon as I collect all the Pictures of Day 1.


No comments: