May 31, 2009

Bhrashtachaar ki oonchi udd rahi Kite hai

Just churning my memory zone a bit too hard to get the lines out of this incident.

He arrived late night. I was asleep then, only came to know in morning that my Maternal Grandpa's brother came to visit us last night. I was 5 years old when this happened. I Was happy to meet him in the morning and left for school. After I came back, i asked Mom I have to deliver something in this independence day function at school. The class teacher (Sarkar teacher) has asked to do so. It is nearing and dad seems so oblivious of it. Who will write a speech for me. My Nanaji's brother who also is to be referred as Nanaji but a bit Vice one, I mean Chhote Nana, said lets do one thing. Why not recite some Hindi poem. I said I have been asked to deliver an English speech. But he said why not a poem. I had no clue, as to who will write. I said a strict no to him, after half an hour he came up with something, to which I just couldn't refuse, it was very easy for me to understand and memorize to be orated that very day. A few lines which I recall today from the poem goes like this

भ्रष्टाचार की ऊंची उड़ रही kite है ,
गरीबो की रोटी से हरदम fight है |
अमीरों के घरों में देखो रात को भी कितनी Light है ,
और गरीबों की बस्ती में आज फिर से Blackout है|
नित नयी इमारतों की बन रही Layout है,
मजदूर के झोपडे अभी भी छत Without है|
मंत्रियों की देखो कितनी रंगीन Day-night है,
और नौकरशाहों की भी कितनी मस्त Life है|
यह सब देख के लगता है,
इस देश का भविष्य कितना Bright है|
इस देश का भविष्य कितना Bright है|

There were a few more lines in it, which I am not able to recall right now, but I feel I can add a few more lines to it as a tribute to my chhote Nanji, the one amongst many such unsung heroes of our motherland who envisaged this country's future and acted in a way that coming generations have much better of what they had.

नानाजी आपकी बात आज भी कितनी Right है,
कुछ समस्याएं तो अभी भी उतनी ही Tight है|
परन्तु आर्थिक रूप से स्तिथी हमारी काफी Strong है,
और पश्चिमी ताकतें साबित हुई Wrong है|
खेलो में भी हमारा बढ़ रहा Hold है,
भारतीय क्रिकेट से तो दुनिया हुई Bold है|
इन चुनावों के बाद तो देश के Left भी हो गए Right है,
हमें निरंतर प्रयत्न की ज़रुरत slight है, फिर हम गर्व से कह सकेंगे की,
हमारा भविष्य सच में Bright है|
हमारा भविष्य सच में Bright है|
I know many such lines can be added to it. If you feel like adding a few lines, just drop a comment. I will include them with your signature in this poem.